Delivery time expiration

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Mon Feb 13 22:21:54 UTC 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 16:06, Tim wrote:

> But how much real mail gets stuffed up?  I've seen many different
> anti-spam techniques that cause more problems than they solve,
> leaving some hapless author in a position that they don't know
> what went wrong, nor have any way to sort out a solution.

"Stuffed Up"?  Does this mean "not delivered"?  If so, it's easy for
a mail admin to see whether a message is continuously hitting the
greylisting block mechanism.  In nearly two years of running
greylisting I've not had a problem with failed deliveries so far
and some of my normal correspondents do use rotating mail servers
for their outgoing mail.

However, if "stuffed up" simply means "delayed" then yes ALL mail
gets delayed ( unless added to a whitelist ), some more than others
depending on the mail server's retry cycle.

Regards, Mike Klinke