Re: OT: Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 14:19, Mike McCarty wrote:

> > You're overlooking another thing that Microsoft does: it demands the
> > /exclusive/ right to place its OS on a computer vendor's machine. It's
> > either all-or-nothing with them.
>
> That's no different from what Coca-Cola and Pepsi do. I don't hear
> you screaming about them coercing people.

I don't recall either of those companies being convicted of
anti-trust violations, then after large political contributions
being allowed to continue with business-as-usual.

http://www.theregister.com/2004/01/20/microsoft_gets_green_light/

--
  Les Miksell
   lesmikesell gmail com