DVD Playback under Fedora Core 4

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Tue Feb 14 06:34:29 UTC 2006

Good Morning Anne ,

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 13 February 2006 20:28, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
>
>>The
>>problem with xine was refering to  messed up colors . Xine though wants a
>>symbolic link to the device called /dev/dvd . So there is no problem
>>identifying
>>which is the DVD Playback device ( It is the one /dev/dvd points to ) .
>>

> That was what led me to think that it was an encryption problem.  The only
> time I've seen that was with xine before I loaded libdvdcss.

The correct error message for totem was :

No URL handler implemented for "dvd://" .

That is what we are currently looking for .

If you don't mind me asking , what propiertary plugins you have ( Totem
-> Edit ->
Preferences )

This morning i caught the thought , that it's problem is not how to find
the correct
device but that it lacks the correct libraries to play the DVD even
Audio CD or
whatever you put there .

> Anne

Kind Regards,