error pinging LAN

Hi,

I have a router build using FC4. eth0 is connected to the modem, eth1 is connected to the switch. I use roaring penguine to connect to the internet with success. Windows boxes in the LAN are also connected to the switch to gain internet access via the router. I had been running this setup for 2 weeks and suddently it failed. The connection to the internet can be established, but it seem that there are some errors in the LAN. If i try to ping local machine of the lan, it tells me "ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted"

Can anyone tell me what happened?

best regards