Re: Splitting DVD-9 video to DVD-5

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 14:20 -0600, Anthony Messina wrote:
> you can also check out gopchop at http://gopchop.org/ to see if that
> might help you

Have you tried this, and how did you install it?

It depends on mpeg2dec, so went looking for it, and found it as a .tgz
on sourceforge.  It fails to compile.  Actually, it fails
the ./configure before compiling, so I don't know if it does compile:

e.g.  configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

For what it's worth, my interests are different than the original
poster:  Tidying up my own recordings from a domestic DVD video
recorder.  You either miss the start of what you want to record, or end
up with extra rubbish before and after what you want.

I read messages from the public lists.