Re: 32 bit kernel on x86_64

On 2/13/06, Rejean Proulx <rejean interfree ca> wrote:
> Curious, why do you want to do this. I have a 64 bit machine and am running
> 32 bit install. I am hoping to move up to a 64 bit kernel, so I am
> interested in your reasons in case I decide to stay put.

The reason I wanted to try a 32 bit kernel was to see if Far Cry would
run under Cedega in that environment.  There are other things that
break on the Fedora x86_64 distro.  There is no macromedia flash
(although I'm not sure this is a bad thing), mplayerplug-in does not
exist in the repositories (supposedly it does not compile on 64 bit),
eclipse does not run (supposedly fixed in Rawhide).  There may be
other things that do not work either.