Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption (warning: long rant follows)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Feb 14 16:16:29 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 09:46, John Pierce wrote:
><<This week, we're dealing with Microsoft's Antispyware Beta -
>in recent updates, it has definitions that ferret out parts of Norton
>Antivirus as malicious, and ask to remove it!!! If someone clicks yes,
> it takes registry hacking to get back ->>
>
>Claude, if possible, you should document what this is doing and hang
>on to it.  Could be useful by the DOJ.

By now, referenceing these mailing lists in general, this is a well
known problem since the last update by M$.  Since they've a reputation
for such tricks, I'd have to assume that these reports of registry
trashing are true, and thats its 100% intentional since M$ wants to
sell their own version of Norton et all.

Just another reason why any M$ product that is not required to run the
machine, is ruthlessly hunted down and exterminated here.  Even the dos
I use when I need to use a dos is drdos.  No windows machines allowed
on the premises, and never has been since forever.  90% of the time,
the cd that comes with a new toy device I might buy, is never inserted
into the cd drive.

The DOJ was right, but Bush didn't want to see the business disruption
that breaking up the cartel could generate.  And that WON'T change till
Bush is gone.  I vote independent, and I voted for somebody else the
last time, so don't blame me.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: