ref: Microsoft barriers to Linux adoption on the desktop

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 15 02:05:09 UTC 2006

Mike McCarty wrote:

[snip]

> It looks to me like MicroSoft products are much better able to keep
> older hardware going than Linux.

AND

I just saw this over on Debian...

[QUOTE MODE ON]

Hello group,

Where can I find old version of packages?

I use a Matrox P750 video card and the oldest xorg version supported is
6.8.2.  The upgrade installed 6.9.0 which is to recent for the Matrox
driver therefore I need to downgrade xserver-xorg.

Thanks,

[SNIP]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.