How istall source packages too??

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Feb 15 02:27:10 UTC 2006

Am Di, den 14.02.2006 schrieb Samuel Díaz García um 17:49:

> Hi guys, I'm looking info about how to download and install the sources for some
> packages I have installed yet.

yum install yum-utils
yumdownloader --source <package>

> What repository I need put into YUM or what is the name prefix/suffix to put in
> the package name to allow me to download the sources for an installed package?

The src.rpms are in the same repository like the binary rpms. So no
change of configuration needed.

> The last, whe I had the source package ... How I can install it and where the
> sources are placed?

See above. The Fedora mirrors have both the RPMS as well the SRPMS.

Alexander

Serendipity 03:25:00 up 4 days, 12:16, load average: 0.11, 0.08, 0.09