Re: OT: Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption

Mike McCarty <mike mccarty sbcglobal net> writes:

> However, linking a "work that uses the Library" with the Library creates an
> executable that is a derivative of the Library (because it contains portions
> of the Library), rather than a "work that uses the library".

This "linking" is what we'd normally refer to as "static linking",
where the library code is included in the executable.  Dynamic
linking to a shared object library does not cause portions of the
library to be included in the executable.

--
Donald Arseneau                          asnd triumf ca