Delivery time expiration

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 08:24:21 UTC 2006

David Cary Hart wrote:
> Taking it a step further, many business emails are group discussions
> with several recipients necessitating spontaneity. If one recipient
> has the bad luck to be on a greylisted server, it affects the group.

Either Red Hat has whitelisted Demon (my ISP), or the Red Hat
implementation of greylisting learns which IP addresses will properly
retry e-mails, and doesn't bother delaying e-mails from them.
Presumably there's a timeout, so one e-mail may get greylisted every
three months or so.

At any rate, my e-mails to this list don't seem to be delayed.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | You will stop at nothing to reach your objective,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | but only because your brakes are defective.