Re: Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 00:42 -0800, jdow wrote:
> From: "Mike McCarty" <mike mccarty sbcglobal net>
>
> > jdow wrote:
> >> Aw SHADDAP AWREADY, please!
> >>
> >> This is not an advocay list last I knew. It's behaving like one. It's time
> >> to grow up, guys!
> >>
> >> {+_+}
> >>

> > Still haven't gotten a threaded mail reader Joann?
>
> Wastes CPU cycles and network bandwidth to no possible useful end.
----
sure there's a possible useful end...delete an entire thread with at
most 2 clicks (select thread/delete)

and from your headers I see you are using Lookout Express which is
certainly 'capable' of threading messages and if I recall correctly, you
are using POP3, thus, the messages are already downloaded so there is no
bandwidth difference, so we are down to wasting CPU cycles...and when it
comes to wasting cpu cycles versus wasting human cycles (delete message,
delete message, delete message...), I tend to opt for wasting cpu
cycles.

Then remembering how long you continued to use ipchains emulation in 2.4
kernel's iptables and it took some cajoling to get you to rmmod your
ipchains  and live with the netfilter, I am aware that change isn't
something you easily embrace.

Craig