Re: OT: Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 18:41 -0800, Donald Arseneau wrote:
> Mike McCarty <mike mccarty sbcglobal net> writes:
>
> > However, linking a "work that uses the Library" with the Library creates an
> > executable that is a derivative of the Library (because it contains portions
> > of the Library), rather than a "work that uses the library".
>
> This "linking" is what we'd normally refer to as "static linking",
> where the library code is included in the executable.  Dynamic
> linking to a shared object library does not cause portions of the
> library to be included in the executable.

Please show us *where* in the GPL/LGPL are the words "static linking"
and "Dynamic linking" used?  I have to agree with many others here.
Linux/GNU, as currently licensed is dead in the water for any commercial
development use.

--
brtaylor sanfelipe com mx