Delivery time expiration

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Feb 15 15:58:31 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 15:32 +0100, Antonio Montagnani wrote:

> anyway I started the thread and this list is getting out-of-use to me as
> my ISP (the greatest italian ISP) is greylisted, and of course they
> can't do any action.
> :-(

I think you misunderstand what greylisting is.  Your first message to an
MTA that uses greylisting will be delayed.  The delay is a function of
your MTA's retry process.  Once that first message is allowed through
subsequent messages are auto-whitelisted.  Most implementations expire
auto-whitelisted sites so periodically one of your messages may be
delayed again.

As long as your ISPs MTAs are RFC compliant your messages will get
through.

Now if your ISP has been black listed that is another issue.