OT: Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:03:18 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 10:35, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > > Nowhere, but it's how the FSF interprets the LGPL/GPL and how courts
> > > have interpreted it, when sentencing SW vendors trying to use GPL'ed SW
> > > in closed source projects.
> >
> > Court decision please?   I wasn't aware that any GPL case had been
> > settled in court.
> Here we go: http://www.jbb.de/html/?page=news&id=32
>
> or
> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20040725150736471
>
> Ralf

Thanks.  This appears to have been a pretty clear case of
removing original copyright notices and redistributing
covered material.   The part that is still very questionable
is the FSF claim that distributing separate code that
the user links to or compiles with their own copy of
GPL'd code can create a covered 'derived work'.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com