Re: Stand-alone calendaring?

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 09:16 -0700, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Couple of questions:  first, is there a searchable web page that contains
> package descriptions that one can use to locate a package?  For instance,
> if I wanted to locate an Image Viewing package, but I didn't know that
> that was what "eye of the gnome" (Eog) did...

I don't know about a web page service, but the yumex application can
provide that functionality.  Yumex is a bit slow and tedious, though.

> And secondly, is there a good standalone calendaring package?  I use
> Thunderbird and I'm happy with it...  Ditto with Firefox.  I know that
> Evolution has calendaring, but I don't want to use it for mail and web
> browsing, etc.

Don't know, but if you like Mozilla products, you might want to see if
their calendar product is useful.

<http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/>

I read messages from the public lists.