Question about logWatch

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 15 16:09:13 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 09:52 -0600, Randy Paries wrote:

> What is "top post", and i will be glad to stop doing it

It is replying on top of another post.  Look at yours in comparison to
others.

Use interspersed replies on this list (and most other lists) - where you
reply to sentences directly below them, and snip out anything you're not
responding to.  Then we can tell precisely what you're responding to.

Don't bottom post, either - where you quote the entire prior message
then reply entirely below it.

----- Interspersed example:

>>> Did you partition the drive?

>> Yes

>>> And format the partition?

>> No

> That's where your problem is

----- End of example

See how it flows as a COHERENT conversation.  It doesn't need
interpreting, or guessing at, you can understand it directly.

I read messages from the public lists.