Storing alsa settings

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 17:40:11 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 17:01, oldman wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> >I used to do 'alsactrl store' to save my settings, then 'alsactrl restore'
> >in /etc/rc.d/rc.local.  Now ,it seems, alsactrl is no longer a recognised
> >command.  Anyone know what has replaced it?
> >
> >Anne
>
>     Ensure package alsa-libs is installed then the command alsaclt (no
> r) should do it for you.

Sorry - typo.  I did use 'alsactl'.  Thanks for the tip.  That seems to have
done it.

I seem to have been fighting so many problems these last few days, many caused
by the unfamiliarity of FC4 - I was a Mandriva user for over 4 years.
Thankfully most of them are now resolved, and hopefully I can start getting
some work done ;-)

Thanks for the reply.

Anne