ref: Microsoft barriers to Linux adoption on the desktop

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Wed Feb 15 19:23:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-15-02 at 12:01 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:

> What I said. MicroSoft products are better able to run
> on old hardware than Linux.

You sir are a paradox: you're subscribed to a Linux distro mailing list,
but incessantly post about the GPL sucking, Linux being slow as hell,
and Windows rocking your world.

I am absolutely astounded by some of your statements, so I have to ask:
why do you stay here if you have dislike Linux so?

BTW, I was in your shoes once, but it was the other way around - I
couldn't stand Windows.  For a time, I dual booted RH 7.3 and then 8.0.
When 9.0 hit the scene, I kissed Windows good bye.  I eventually did the
same for my company, and now happily run Linux and OSS for 99% of its
operations.  The only bit left is Quickbooks, which unfortunately is
only available for Windows.

Regards,

Ranbir

--