ref: Microsoft barriers to Linux adoption on the desktop

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Feb 15 19:54:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 14:23 -0500, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> I eventually did the
> same for my company, and now happily run Linux and OSS for 99% of its
> operations.  The only bit left is Quickbooks, which unfortunately is
> only available for Windows.
----
they do have a version for Mac OSX - different, less features but
available.

Quickbooks is it's own headache and I don't think that it is a suitable
program for the 'enterprise' as it requires an elevation of privileges
that is not entirely reasonable.

It is, and will always be a small business product.

Craig