Stand-alone calendaring?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Feb 16 04:01:10 UTC 2006

CodeHeads wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 09:16 -0700, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>
>>Couple of questions:  first, is there a searchable web page that contains
>>package descriptions that one can use to locate a package?  For instance,
>>if I wanted to locate an Image Viewing package, but I didn't know that
>>that was what "eye of the gnome" (Eog) did...
>>
>>And secondly, is there a good standalone calendaring package?  I use
>>Thunderbird and I'm happy with it...  Ditto with Firefox.  I know that
>>Evolution has calendaring, but I don't want to use it for mail and web
>>browsing, etc.
>>
>>Is there a smaller, lighter calendaring app out there?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>-Philip
>>

> Hope this helps:
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/

Thanks for the link. The installation is xpi based and adds ctl+8 option
to be able to launch the calendar.
I like the calendar as far as programs of this type are concerned. I did
have to launch mozilla from terminal su - to root for it to install with
permisions.

Mozilla -seamonkey suite is my preference also. THe calendar is not
available for seamonkey yet.

Jim

--
It's the same old story; boy meets beer, boy drinks beer... boy gets
another beer.