Re: ref: Microsoft barriers to Linux adoption on the desktop

Mike McCarty wrote:
Guy Fraser wrote:

[I wrote]

As far as I know, the 80386 was the first processor supported
by Linux, or BSD but I don't know. Back in those days, I

What I said. MicroSoft products are better able to run
on old hardware than Linux.

You agree, so there's no need for further discussion.

Mike

But can these products be purchased today?

For the record, was Linux even available before the 386? What was the current processor available with Linux first came out? What was the current microsoft product.

You also cannot compare Linux to DOS. It was more than DOS from day one so it is an unfair comparison.
--
Robin Laing