Re: Why are Intel card such a problem.

James Kosin wrote:

akonstam trinity edu wrote:

Word has reached me that the wireless card:
Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 Lead-free WLAN (802.11b/g) miniPCI Card
is not supported by FC4.

Is this true? If so why are Intel cards such a problem?

http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/

Check this group out.
Usually, it takes a while for new technologies to make the driver list.
 Especially in the fast passed world of wireless technology right now.

Good Luck,
James Kosin

For FC4 on my HP Pavilion all I had to do was "yum install ipw2200-firmware" to get my Intel based Centrino wireless to work.

Doug P