USB Plugs on Monitor not working

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 06:56:05 UTC 2006

I recently bought a ViewSonic VP2030b LCD display, and it comes with
some additional usb plugs which is convenient.  However these plugs do
not seem to be recognized by my current Fedora install.  They were at
one time working, but either through a kernel upgrade or service
changes I've made, usb ports no longer work from the monitor.  I used
to have my joystick and wireless mouse IR plug plugged into those
ports.  The usb ports are getting power though because I can still
recharge my mouse battery using one of these ports.  The thing is that
it was working once, but no longer works.  Does anyone have any
similar experience with this issue who might be able to give some
pointers?

Thanks in advance,
Chris