Missing dependencies - FC4

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Fri Feb 17 14:35:10 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 14:05 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I attempted to install (via yumex) everything I could find related to xmms and
> audacious.  It failed with a list of missing dependencies.  They referred to
>
> XFree86-libs
> libdpstk.so
> xorg-x11-libs 6.8.2-37.FC4.49.2
> libdps.so1
>
> Apart from XFree86-libs I can confirm that I have all these installed.  What's
> wrong?

Possibly package mismatches (yum dependency hell) that sometimes occurs
when you use more than the default repos for update.
You did not say what repos you have enabled but at times they are out of
sync, or their packages conflict with each other or with the core repos.

It may take a little bit of judicious testing to identify the problems,
and posting the actual messages you get may assist us in helping you.