Re: VERY OT, But this guy really needs help

On 2/17/06, Mike McCarty <mike mccarty sbcglobal net> wrote:
> Over on the Debian lists is a guy who clobbered his partitions
> last night, late. I spent a few hours poring over his information

His partition table/disk label is destroyed most likely.

Is this a dual boot or linux only laptop?  Can he just try restoring
grub using grub-install off a recovery CD?  I'm at a loss for helping
because I have no idea what you tried thus far or what the actual
events were leading up to this situation.

--
WC Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/