[POLITICS] Re: When is the Last Time You Booted to Windows?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Feb 18 07:40:27 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 00:15 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 23:23, Craig White wrote:
>
> > There are those who believe it is the GPL that makes software free and
> > free in many ways other than no cost.
>
> Perhaps, but they should consider that licenses like perl, X
> and apache's are free in even more ways.
>
> >  Obviously, you don't agree and
> > it's not necessary that you agree but your rant on this topic clearly
> > goes against the grain of most of those on this list.
>
> Well, if they have any understanding left of the original
> concept of freedom perhaps they won't mind seeing an opposing
> view.

----
who are you referring to with 'they' ?

*** They *** should consider licenses like ?

if *** They *** have any understanding ?

Who is this 'they' ?  Is it the users of Red Hat software? Fedora users?
People that believe that GPL license is a good thing?

I can't believe you can write this stuff and expect people to track your
what you are talking about.

The import of your vague articles is that you are suggesting that we all
just too stupid to embrace your enlightened view except that you are
hiding the bluntness of your opinions with indefinite language.

We all can agree that it's probably that the GPL license does cause some
vendors not to produce software or hardware for the users of Red Hat
software or Fedora software or GNU Linux (assuming that this is the
***they*** to which you are referring). So what? Use BSD if you like
that license better. Windows licensing apparently attracts a virtually
unlimited number of vendors...use that.

Craig