Re: JAVA_HOME from /etc/profile

I usually install java from a bin file downloaded from java.sun.com, I
unpack and install it in /opt.  I then create symbolic link like this:
ln -s /opt/jre1.5.0_06 /java

Then I place the following two lines in /etc/profile

pathmunge /java/bin
JAVA_HOME="/java"

I then modify the export line and add JAVA_HOME to the end of it.

>From this point forward whenever I update my java package I only need
to recreate the symbolic link named /java and make it point to the new
/opt/jreWHATEVER directory and it work instantly.

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org