Re: Extract single frame from mpeg2

Thanks to those who informed me of the snapshot capability of xine. I had overlooked the tiny camera icon on the gui.

Colin Brace wrote:

Both xine and gxine allow you to take screen shots, either with the
video paused or running. The former creates JPEGs, the latter PNGs.

My xine seems to output a png snapshot, and I can't find a setting in the setup gui that changes it to jpeg. I found the "snapshot location" setting, but no file format setting.