Re: [OT] The GPL and possible violations

Mike McCarty wrote:

With all caveats, yes. But remember, someone who knowingly receives
stolen goods is known as a "fence" and commits an offence. I do not
know what collateral effects there may be. But AFAICT, neither
LGPL nor GPL prohibit that.

IANAL  [...but that hasn't stopped anyone else... :-)  ]

Someone who receives stolen goods may be charged with aiding and abetting or as an accessory to robbery/burglary, etc. but a fence is a person who "traffics" in stolen goods. Their intent is to receive and resell the stolen property for profit.

Ref: http://www.answers.com/topic/fence

--R
/I got Freedom,...I got freedom in my code (FC3/FC4)/
Registered Unix <http://counter.li.org> user #409453