IBM db2 Express C

Nat Gross nat101l at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:53:51 UTC 2006

Has anyone succeeded installing IBM's db2(full version or free express
C version) on Fedora 4? Although I can get by various stages of
installation, its not quite 'there' with the bottom line being that
its unusable on FC4.  Someone at the Ibm db2 forum is telling me that
FC4 is too much bleeding edge and that it runs on his CentOS system.

Being with Fedora since FC2, and with kind folks on this list, I don't
want to switch, but I can't resist replacing mySql with a free version
of db2!  (Ok, so I can't use more than 4 gig ram. Or quad processors.)

The sorry thing is that it does install, but utilities used to setup
the databases fail.
Anyhow, if anyone has db2 [express C] running on FC4, please gimme a holler.
Thanks;
-nat