Re: signaling when a file is closed

Andrew B. Young wrote:
If this is OT feel free to direct me elsewhere.

I need to know when a process as finished writing
a file and has closed it.  My only clue is fuser,
which somehow knows what processes have files open.

Is there a way for me to set a signal on a file's
state that lets me know when it has been closed?

Is it possible simply to use tee or perhaps a named
pipe? That way you would get actual real time pass-through.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.