Cannot use fourth IDE HDD with FC3 ?

Amrit Angsusingh amritangs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 07:34:26 UTC 2006

I do the mkfs again and here is the result of mkfs
[root at web ~]# umount /backup
[root at web ~]# mkfs -V -t ext3 /dev/hdd1
mkfs version 2.12a (Oct 19 2004)
mkfs.ext3 /dev/hdd1
mke2fs 1.35 (28-Feb-2004)
max_blocks 4294967295, rsv_groups = 0, rsv_gdb = 1024
Filesystem label=
OS type: Linux
Block size=4096 (log=2)
Fragment size=4096 (log=2)
24428544 inodes, 48839600 blocks
2441980 blocks (5.00%) reserved for the super user
First data block=0
Maximum filesystem blocks=50331648
1491 block groups
32768 blocks per group, 32768 fragments per group
16384 inodes per group
Superblock backups stored on blocks:
        32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912, 819200, 884736, 1605632,
2654208,
        4096000, 7962624, 11239424, 20480000, 23887872

Writing inode tables: done
ext2fs_mkdir: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read
while creating root dir

-----------------------
After I do this I cannot mount or fdisk the /dev/hdd1.

[root at web /]# mount -t ext3 /dev/hdd1 /backup1
mount: mount point /backup1 does not exist
[root at web /]# mount -t ext3 /dev/hdd1 /backup
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdd1,
       or too many mounted file systems
[root at web /]# fdisk /dev/hdd

Unable to read /dev/hdd
[root at web /]#

What happen to me? Any suggestion.

Amrit

Writing inode tables: done
ext2fs_mkdir: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read
while creating root dir
[root at web ~]#

--
Amrit Angsusingh