Basic authentication using .htaccess file problem SOLVED

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Tue Feb 21 19:28:26 UTC 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Norman Gaywood wrote:

> If you install mod_auth_mysql the default auth method for apache will be
> against mysql.

Yep, figured that out. How that happened, I don't know, since it didn't
happen on both machines. Anyway...

> I place this inside my DocumentRoot <Directory "blah"> to disable mysql
> auth and allow users to turn it on if they need it:
>
>    AuthMySQLEnable off

Even better as someone else privately emailed me: I checked the
auth_mysql.conf file in the httpd/conf.d directory. For some reason, it
was uncommenetd, so that was the authentication. Commented it out,
restarted httpd, and voila, it worked! Thanks Tim, Norman, and an
anonymous user at innovate.net et al for pointing me to the right
direction!