How to debug fedora hanging after upgrading from rh9

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 20 21:58:31 UTC 2006

Randy Paries wrote:
> I have just rebuilt a box that had been running rh9 in a production
> env (apache and tomcat) for about 3 years. I just rebuilt it with
> fedora 4 ( repartitioned and formatted )
>
> There is nothing in the message log file.
>
> How is the best way to debug this? Are there other log files i can look in?

What sort of hardware? Are you running in runlevel 5 (with the X Window
System) or runlevel 3 (without)?

If you normally have graphics, and the system is a server, try booting
in runlevel 3 :
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-December/msg04024.html

If that doesn't help, try memtest86 (yes, I *know* you said the box ran
perfectly for three years. That means less than you think.)

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Who knows what evil lurks in the database?
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |     -- The megahal program, trained on my quote file.