Writing to fstab

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 22 18:54:00 UTC 2006

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 February 2006 17:41, Mike McCarty wrote:
>
>>May I suggest that part of your reading be
>>
>>$ man fstab
>>
>>?
>>
>>:-)
>>

> Been there, done that, Mike :-)  As so often happens, though, I only
> understand part of it.  I've done more reading since then, and understand a
> bit more.  Man pages are great for refreshing the memory on switches once you
> understand the principles, but often are not the best first read.

I'll second that. Some of this stuff is just plain hard to find,
too.

I've got a 600+ page book on Linux admin, and it only has 3 pages
in it devoted to fstab. In its defense, I'll say that it has
sections on "The Red Hat Way" and "The Debian Way", and has a
fairly complete table of what can be used in the "options" column.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.