What do you think of Centos

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Wed Feb 22 21:51:09 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 Feb 2006 09:39, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi all,
> I hope I'm not starting a flame war.

What do I think of CentOS?

Right now, not a lot.

It keeps crashing on me.

I'm running it as a subversion server on a mini itx board with a fanless eden
processor and SATA. Every once in a while (maybe a week or so) it crashes
whilst doing
svnadmin hotcopy
and
svnadmin dump
to get backups of my repos. Maybe it's to do with my less than common hardware
but we'll see.

I've just set up FC4 on my old celeron desktop, and written a script to pull
all my dump files off the main server and rebuild the repos from them. I'm
running the backup routine on that every 15 minutes with cron instead of once
a day so we'll see. If it stays up for a week or two I'll swap the servers
over and put FC4 on the Eden processor box.

Dave F

--
Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763