What do you think of Centos

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 22:33:14 UTC 2006

On 2/22/06, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, it's not clear.  First you complain about them removing
> the tradmarks, then continue with a complaint about when
> they tried to give some credit.  Which is it you'd prefer?
> They were never pretending to 'be' RedHat but they did
> try to describe the origin and legal status of the product.

I would prefer they leave the distribution of Red Hat Enterpise Linux
to Red Hat Software, Incorporated.   What you seem to be missing here
is this, Les (and others): "I do not care what they do to be in the
clear legally, I think they're in the moral wrong."

I think dousing your wife in gasoline and setting her on fire when
you're bored with her and want to marry someone else is morally wrong.
There are some tribesmen in eastern India that disagree with me (the
government there is, thankfully, on my side in that one).  I feel that
essentially ripping off Red Hat is morally wrong.  You're free to
disagree with me.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to to take away my freedom, which I cannot."