Screensavers - Removing

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Feb 23 01:09:46 UTC 2006

Analogkid wrote:
> Is it possible to remove a specific screensaver?  There are just a
> couple which I prefer not to have, or which my vid card doesn't
> display very well.
>
> Do I need to edit a config file?  Or can I rm the program itself?  If
> they can be removed, where are they stored?
>
> Thank you
>
> Pete

Either type xscreensaver-demo in a terminal or go to
system > preferences > screensaver (Might be desktop instead of system
on FC4)

 From there, you can preview, select or deselect screensavers from the
screen that pops up.

For FC5, there will be another screensaver program installed by default.
This screensaver program is called gnome-screensaver and should be on
the same menu as mentioned above. There are fewer screensavers and it
will be either blank screen, one screensaver or all of the screensavers
cycled on a random basis. For now, xscreensaver-demo should do the trick
for you.

Jim
--
Democracy is a government where you can say what you think even if you
don't think.