Hard drive cable question -

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Feb 23 01:13:25 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 19:04, Markku Kolkka wrote:
>bobgoodwin kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika torstai, 23.
>
>helmikuuta 2006 01:48):
>> Does it matter which forty pin connector plugs into the master
>> and slave drives?
>
>Blue connector goes to motherboard, the black connector at cable
>end is for the master and the grey connector in the middle is
>for the slave.

Hummm, I've been told the black end is the mobo end.  Lemme look at
mine.

And thats rather useless as all 6 connectors on the two 80 wire cables
in my machine are black, and therefore not CS cables.  So I could very
possibly be wrong.  And a quick search of the junkyard here did not
expose a cable with multiple colored connectors.  In any event, its
very important for those cables which have multiple colored connectors
that the correct end be plugged into the motherboard.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: