fedora-list Digest, Vol 24, Issue 218

Andrew Mather mathera at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 06:39:10 UTC 2006

Hi John,

What happens if you try to add the daemon via the chkconfig process ?

If the script is located in /etc/rc.d/init.d

You can use

chkconfig --add mydaemon
chkconfig --level 2 5 mydaemon on

(caveat: check this syntax...I'm not near an RH/fedora box)

This may produce more instructive errors than a hung GUI.

HTH
Andrew