Writing to fstab

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 10:32:50 UTC 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 02:12, Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 18:16 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > As so often happens, though, I only understand part of it.  I've done
> > more reading since then, and understand a bit more.  Man pages are
> > great for refreshing the memory on switches once you understand the
> > principles, but often are not the best first read.
>
> Perhaps you should get one of those pocketbooks that they flog off with
> Linux discs with in newsagents?  They used to have the basics involved
> in getting started with Linux, enough to install and start
> experimenting, sometimes with primers about how to use man files and
> commands (explaining the syntax of examples, etc).

Once again my problem stems from differences between distros.  I would have
expected fstab to be identical in form across all distros, but certainly
Mandriva use a different format.

These are teething troubles for me.  I am quickly coming to terms with changes
and have achieved a lot in the last few weeks, since I came to FC4.  Bear
with my silly questions just a bit longer - they will soon stop.

Once again, thanks to all who have helped and are still helping me to migrate.

Anne