[Fwd: how to boot fedora core 4]

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 23 11:12:11 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 11:07 +0100, l.schneide wrote:
> i got a problem to boot my just install fedora core 4. i want to tast
> it and i dont want to monify the MBR of my fist disk where the nt boot
> loader is intall
>
> so i don't install grub and i try to launch fedora with loadlin 1.6C
> and it freeze after decompacting the kernel
> i want to use a loader on a dos session
> the ide0 got in his fist partition dos 6.22 and the second NT4
> i got 3 other SCSI drive and fedora is on a forth SCSI new dive i
> install for it (install on sdd1 and sdd2 the swap).
> how can i do to boot on a dos session ?

What are you using to choose which to boot out of all the operating
systems you have installed?  Loadlin?  i.e. What's your existing
bootloader configuration for choosing between DOS, WinNT, and whatever
else.

If so, it's not one I'm familiar with, but I'd be looking up how to
manually configure that for what you want.  Or looking into whatever
bootloader you use, instead.

You can install GRUB to where you've installed Fedora, then chainload
into that from your other bootloader.  Assuming that your current
bootloader allows you to do something like just select a drive and/or
partition to boot from, and pass the rest of the booting onto that
drive/partition.

Is your shift key broken?  :-\

I read messages from the public lists.