What do you think of Centos

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 23 19:06:53 UTC 2006

Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> On 2/22/06, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>No, it's not clear.  First you complain about them removing
>>the tradmarks, then continue with a complaint about when
>>they tried to give some credit.  Which is it you'd prefer?
>>They were never pretending to 'be' RedHat but they did
>>try to describe the origin and legal status of the product.
>

> I would prefer they leave the distribution of Red Hat Enterpise Linux
> to Red Hat Software, Incorporated.   What you seem to be missing here

But they aren't doing that. RHEL includes quite a bit of
stuff not included in CentOS. Also, RHEL includes paid-for
support, which CentOS does not. CentOS is much more like Fedora,
in that both are "community support" (whatever that means).

> is this, Les (and others): "I do not care what they do to be in the
> clear legally, I think they're in the moral wrong."
>
> I think dousing your wife in gasoline and setting her on fire when
> you're bored with her and want to marry someone else is morally wrong.

Well, you're getting a little bit extreme, aren't you?

:-)

Oh, and now I see what you meant in your private e-mail!

:-) :-)

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.