Upgrading from FC5T3 to FC5 final

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Feb 25 02:19:04 UTC 2006

Bill Dealey wrote:
> If I install FC5T3 on my machine now, will I have do a reinstall/upgrade
> when the final release of FC5 is available or will I be able to upgrade
> to the full FC5 via yum updates?

You would have programs that have newer versions than would actually
make it to FC5 but were reverted due to not being stable enough for
release for one reason or another. Also, due to the churning of programs
during the test phase, some broken configuration will result on the now
FC5 system coming from test3.

It is possible to keep on treking into the actual release but is not
advisable practice.

Jim