broblem whit nic card

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Feb 25 14:53:20 UTC 2006

Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 12:01 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 03:41 +0100, l.schneide wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all
>>>
>>>I got a probleme to configure my nic card on fedora core 4. I use the
>>>network configuration under Gnomeand i can't cofing. the NIC
>>>I got a 3com Etherlink III on IRQ 11 and I/O 0x300. I tied a lot of
>>>think but i can make it to start.
>>>first In what field do i put the I/O adress ?
>>>and second in what file the config is write to see if it's right ?
>>
>>The configuration should end up in /etc/modprobe.conf
>>

> The driver may need to be entered there, but the configuration is done
> by system-config-network.
>
> Go to Desktop - System Settings - Red Hat Network Configuration
> That will open up the tool to actually enter and save the configuration
> settings.

I think he is talking about the I/O and IRQ configuration, and that
needs to be in /etc/modprobe.conf because it has to be set when the
driver loads. If I remember correctly, this is an older ISA NIC that
you have to run a DOS setup tool to set the card, and then you have
to tell the driver what you set the card to.

Mikkel