Kernel Compilation failure

Jeff Mutonho ejbengine at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 21:32:05 UTC 2006

Hi
I'm trying to install the USB driver for an IPWireless modem.I've downloaded
the driver from
(http://www.neology.co.za/support/index.php?page=MyWirelessLinuxDrivers
) and followed instructions on how to install it.
When I get to rebuilding the kernel(make bzImage) , the build is failing
with the following message:

CC      arch/i386/kernel/asm-offsets.s
In file included from include/asm/thread_info.h:16,
                 from include/linux/thread_info.h:21,
                 from include/linux/spinlock.h:12,
                 from include/linux/capability.h:45,
                 from include/linux/sched.h:7,
                 from arch/i386/kernel/asm-offsets.c:7:
include/asm/processor.h:87: error: array type has incomplete element type
make[1]: *** [arch/i386/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Error 1
make: *** [arch/i386/kernel/asm- offsets.s] Error 2

I googled and found the suggestion that I should backup my .config file ,
run 'make mrproper' ,restore the .config file , run 'make xconfig' and
enabled the usb ipwireless driver as a module , save the .config file , run
'make clean' and finally run ' make bzImage'.But I'm still getting the same
error message.
I can paste the contents of my .config file , if it may help solve this
problem.

Jeff  Mutonho
GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine