samba shares in FC4

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Feb 26 14:04:30 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 12:31 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Actually, though, it's irrelevant at this point.  Most of the
> connections are made linux to linux, so I need those working first.
> Once I'm happy with that  I'll turn my attention to the sporadic
> windows connections.

I wonder why you're using Samba, then?  It's not native to Linux, and
you can have to jump through hoops to get proper file permissions, etc.,
set between server and client.

For Linux to Linux through Samba there are other extensions to it for
that to work, but I only experimented with them once before deciding
that NFS was less painful for me.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.