Updated FC4 ISO Images

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Feb 26 15:44:06 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 10:05 -0500, chalonec wrote:
> It seems that the default ISO images for FC4 will not install on my new Dell
> desktop, as I get a panic.  I had the same problem with Redhat 4.x.  When I
> downloaded the latest install iso's from Redhat, they installed fine.
>
> Is there a way I can make updated ISO's and CD's or is there a place to
> download them?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roger

If you are getting a panic during the install of FC4 try entering some
random text at the initial boot prompt.  It will complain then just hit
return to take the defaults.

That apparently is a well known problem for FC4.  Some Intel based chip
sets seem to have this problem.

Once you get it booted it works fine.  Had this problem on a system I
recently loaded FC4 on.

And to directly answer your question, I don't believe they will update
the ISO's for any FC version.  This has been discussed several times in
the past and most feel that it would waste developers time building
fixed ISO's.