Dovecot not fetching my mail?

Ryno Burger ryno.burger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:38:34 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

Have a strange problem here...

I have upgraded to FC5 test this morning. I have backed up my virtual
servers via virtualmin / webmin. After the new install of my FC5 test system
I restored my virtual servers, made changes to Postfix to listen to a non
default port (25) for mail. My mail gets delivered to the correct user on my
server and sit there to be fetched. I started up dovecot and made sure that
it listens to all sources for incoming connection. I made sure by telnet
into my port 143 and 110, all good. I configured my email client and ran the
"test settings" option, all good. But it simply doesn't download the email
from the server, while I know for a fact there is about 10 email in my mail
folder on the server.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ryno