dvdbackup

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at pathfinder.phys.utk.edu
Sat Jan 28 19:27:36 UTC 2006

On Saturday 28 January 2006 12:46, François Patte wrote:
> bonjour,
>
> Is there a version of dvdbackup working under FC4. I installed dries
> version but it doesn't work:
>
> dvdbackup: symbol lookup error: dvdbackup: undefined symbol: UDFFindFile

I used to have problems with reading DVD using mplayer and dvdbackup, and
turns out that it's a problem with libdvdread. Long story short, I ended up
with libdvdread and libdvdcss from Livna repository and they seem to work
best for my platform (FC 4 x86_64). .

I compiled dvdbackup-0.1.1 from source and it works fine:
http://dvd-create.sourceforge.net/download.shtml

Make sure you also get the -devel packages if you're compiling from source.

Hope that helps.
RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja