belkin wireless g+ desktop card support?

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sat Jan 28 23:23:02 UTC 2006

jack wallen wrote:

> thanks for the help. never did get it to work. i was able to install
> ndiswrapper and the driver but even with it installed the hardware was never
> recognized. i tried it with both FC4 and Suse 10. I used the driver the Wiki
> suggested for the card. nothing. i might have to break down and try to find
> another card.

I note vendors are starting to see benefit to mentioning the chipset on
the packaging: d-link often does and I think Netgear does too now.

I'm pretty happy atm buying anything with Atheros in it _but_ you will
still need to build the driver for Fedora. It should just work in SUSE 10.

> unless someone has a suggestion.

I'm a bit surprised SUSE didn't handle that one; it looked to me like it
would. Mandriva might too.

Ubuntu also is a good bet.

--

Cheers